Cathedral Primary School: a new school in the heart of Bristol
Cathedral Primary School is a new school due to open under the Free Schools programme in September 2013. Together with Bristol Cathedral Choir School, it will form a new family of schools for the city. Cathedral Primary School will be in and at the heart of Bristol, providing opportunities for musically aspirant children and families, and giving an excellent and challenging personalised education. This education will be based on Christian values within a supportive and caring family setting.
Students will come from a range of backgrounds, but all will aspire to make the most of their talents - especially in music, art, dance, sport and drama - and each of them will develop high-level skills in literacy and numeracy. Our expectation is that they will develop leadership and confidence, and have high aspirations with positive attitudes to learning. Above all, they should enjoy school and enjoy learning.
- 24th April 2013. Gallery of images showing Abbey House - recently announced as the first premises for Cathedral Primary School.
- 18th April 2013. Our allocation statement explains how Reception places for September 2013 have been allocated and sets out the procedure for any parents wishing to appeal. An appeal form is also now available: parents who wish to appeal should read the allocation statement first and then complete the form and return it to the address given by 4pm on Friday 17th May 2013.
- 27th March 2013: Cathedral Primary School announces location of temporary premises and confirms that admissions in September 2013 will be for Reception children only - press release
- 14th March 2013: Bristol Cathedral Choir School hosts Free Schools conference - press release
- 11th March 2013: We are now advertising for the first Head Teacher of Cathedral Primary School, Bristol - read the advertisement and job application pack. To apply, visit the TES recruitment site.
- 6th March 2013: Plans for Cathedral Primary School are progressing well. We expect to make a positive announcement about premises this month.
- 5th February 2013: our latest press release reveals Cathedral Primary School is over-subscribed, with more applications than places for both Reception and Year 1 - read more
- Thank you to everyone who has applied for places for September 2013. We are most grateful for your support. Please note that the closing date for applications for places has now passed: any further applications received will be treated as 'late applications' under the terms of our proposed Admissions Policy.
- Read notes and Q&A from our latest public meeting, December 2012. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Our FAQs page has been extensively updated and we have a new curriculum page: 2nd November 2012.
- Follow Cathedral Primary School news and developments on Facebook and Twitter: click on the links below.